Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

OUBAAS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* OUBAAS > Topics

Subject: PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS
Replies: 23 Views: 1214

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:15pm
PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS

. keep on praying and never give up (Luke 18:1)

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:16pm
WHAT IS PRAYER?

Prayer is an intimate conversation with God that comes from a personal relationship with Him.

Anybody can pray, even a child in the simplest language, in fact it is a command to all God's children to pray. 1 Tess 5:17 says pray at all times, and Col 4:12 be persistent in prayer.

We do not only have a command from God that we must pray, we have an invitation to speak to Him about anything. So whenever we are in need, we should come bravely before the throne of our merciful God. There we will be treated with undeserved kindness, and we will find help. (Heb 4:16)

Prayer is not to give your wish list or shopping-list to God, it is not a way to manipulate Him so that you get the things that you desire. *

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:17pm
God is waiting for us to pray: The LORD said, I was ready to answer my people's prayers, but they did not pray. I was ready for them to find Me, but they did not even try. The nation did not pray to Me, even though I was always ready to answer, 'Here I am; I will help you.' (Isa 65:1)

Billy Graham said: If you do not feel like praying, it is a sure indication that you should start praying immediately

No one can believe the power of prayer, except the one who has learnt it from experience .. so, start praying, and experience the results in your life and the lifes of those whom you pray for! *

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:18pm
DIFFERENT WAYS TO PRAY

Go to a quiet place and pray alone as Jesus did
He went out to the mountain to pray, and all night He continued in prayer to God. (Luke 6:12)
In the morning, long before sunrise, Jesus went to a place where he could be alone to pray. (Mark 1:35)

Come together with other people and pray
Whenever two or three of you come together in my name, I am there with you. (Mat 18:20)
Many people had gathered at her home and were praying. (Act 12:12)

Pray for others (this prayer is called intercession)
First of all, I ask you to pray for everyone. Ask God to help and bless them all, and tell God how thankful you are for each of them. (1Tim 2:1)
Never stop praying, especially for others. Stay alert and keep praying for God's people. (Eph 6:18) *

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:19pm
WHEN CAN I PRAY?

In the morning
You hear my voice in the morning; at sunrise I offer my prayer and wait for your answer. (Ps 5:3)

In the evening
Treat my prayer as sweet incense rising; my raised hands are my evening prayers. (Ps 141:2)

Day and night
I cry out to You during the day and at night. Let my prayer come into your presence. Turn your ear to hear my cries. (Ps 88:1,2) *

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:20pm
In times of need
So all your loyal people should pray to You in times of need; when a great flood of trouble comes rushing in, it will not reach them. (Ps 32:6)

In times of trouble and illness
If you are having trouble, you should pray. (James 5:13)
If you are sick, ask the church leaders to come and pray for you. (James 5:14)

Before you eat
Jesus took the five loaves and the two fish. He looked up toward heaven and blessed the food. (Mat 14:19) *

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:21pm
GOD LISTENS TO OUR PRAYERS AND ANSWERS IT

God is not like people. He tells no lies. He is not like humans. He doesn't change his mind. When He says something, He does it. When He makes a promise, He keeps it. (Num 23:19)

If God said it, we can believe it and He says He listens to our prayers:
When good people pray, the LORD listens. (Prov 15:29)
When his people pray for help, He listens and rescues them from their troubles. (Ps 34:17)
Ask, and it will be given to you. (Mat 7:7)
The prayer of a good person has a powerful effect. (Jam 5:16)
Even before they finish praying to Me, I will answer their prayers. (Isa 65:24)
Stay joined to Me and let my teachings become part of you. Then you can pray for whatever you want, and your prayer will be answered. (Joh 15:7)
The LORD is compassionate, and when you cry to Him for help, He will answer you. (Isa 30:19)
Call to Me, and I will answer you. (Jer 33:3)
Ask and you will receive so that you can be completely happy. (Joh 16:24) *

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:22pm
Remember: God answers prayers in three ways: He says YES, and gives you want you want, He says NO, and gives you something better, He says WAIT and gives you the best. *

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:23pm
SOME WARNINGS ABOUT PRAYER

Are there unconfessed sins in your heart and life?
Your sins are the roadblock between you and your God. That's why He doesn't answer your prayers or let you see his face. (Isa 59:2)

Do you worship idols?
these people are devoted to their idols, and they are allowing themselves to fall into sin. Should they be allowed to ask Me for help? (Eze 14:3)

Do you help others or are you stingy?
He whose ears are stopped at the cry of the poor, will himself get no answer to his cry for help. (Prov 21:13) *

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:24pm
Are there doubt or unbelieve in your heart?
But when you ask for something, you must have faith and not doubt. Anyone who doubts is like an ocean wave tossed around in a storm. (Jam 1:6)

Are you unforgiving or bitter?
And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. (Mark 11:25)

Are you selfish in your prayers?
And when you ask, you do not receive it, because your motives are bad; you ask for things to use for your own pleasures. (Jam 4:3) *

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:27pm
HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO PRAY
If you feel this way, you can pray the ACTS - prayer:

A - Adoration: in your prayer take time to praise and honour God for His goodness, mercy, kindness, glory, holiness, wisdom, love, faithfulness, salvation, etc. Exalt Him and glorify His name.

C - Confession: Ask God to reveal to you any sin that may be in your heart. Confess them one by one and thank Him for cleansing you through the blood of Jesus.

T - Thanksgiving: Thank God for what He does for you and others. Thank Him for Himself, his answers to prayers, and his blessings. Name specific things that you are grateful for.

S - Supplication: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God (Phi 4:6) Speak to God about your own specific needs or the needs of others. give us this day our daily bread. Pray for
yourself, your family, for the authorities, for the city and the country. *

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:29pm
If you want to pray a blessing on someone, you can pray BLESS:

B - Body : pray for the person's health, protection, strength and energy.
L - Labour : pray for the person's work, income, security and finances.
E - Emotional : pray for the person's emotions, like joy, peace, hope, love, etc.
S - Social : pray for the person's marriage, for his relationships with family, friends and children.
S - Spiritual : pray for the spiritual life of the person; pray for his salvation, for faith, grace, growth, etc. *

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:30pm
GOD ALWAYS ANSWERS PRAYERS (Dr Robert Schuller)
When the idea is not right, God says NO

No - when the idea is not the best
No - when the idea is absolutely wrong
No - when though it may help you, it could create problems for someone else *

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:30pm
When the time is not right, God says SLOW

What a catastrophe it would be if God answered every prayer at the snap of your fingers. Do you know what would happen? God would become your servant, not your master. Suddenly, God would be working for you, instead of you working for God.
Remember: God's delays are not God's denials. God's timing is perfect. Patience is what we need in prayer. *

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:31pm
When you are not right, God says GROW

The selfish person has to grow in unselfishness
The cautious person must grow courage
The timid person must grow in confidence
The dominating person must grow in sensitivity
The critical person must grow in tolerance
The negative person must grow in positive attitudes
The pleasure-seeking person must grow in compassion for suffering people.

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:31pm
When everything is all right, God says GO

Then miracles happen:
A hopeless alcoholic is set free
A drug addict finds release
A doubter becomes as a child in his belief
Diseased tissue responds to treatment, and healing begins
The door to your dream suddenly swings open and there stands God, saying GO

oubaas 4.05.09 - 05:35pm
More topics of this nature at: http://heuning-honey.wapgroups.com *

oubaas 8.05.09 - 05:58am
This morning I was reading this over and over, and I suddenly realised how demanding we can get in prayers.

Jesus Lord, please forgive us for demanding miracles in our prayers.

Amen! *

oubaas 26.03.10 - 10:43am
Today Angus Buchan wrote this on his wall at facebook: today

Angus Buchan Like never ever before this is the time not to be influenced by man's opinions, or comments. Its only Gods opinion about the situation that means anything concrete. All the rest is pure speculation, and will make you depressed if you believe it. Jesus said : --- I will never leave you nor forsake you, Hebrews 1...3:5, we really need to start walking by faith, and not by sight, 2 Cor 5:7, because if Christ be for us, then who can stand against us Romans 8:32 God Bless,Angus *

oubaas 26.03.10 - 10:44am
I responded at the comments as follows:

This is just for me. My family want to throw me out of their house because I am jobless. The Lord shall protect me. Amen. Hallelujah. *

oubaas 26.03.10 - 10:51am
In resond, a stranger send me an inbox message:

Father God, I lift Gabriel up before you and ask that You will open doors for him to find not only any job, but one where he can shine for You. Lord, Your favour surrounds him, I thank You that You are for him and interested in every detail of his life, therefore, he is on the threshold of finding a great job. I ask this in Jesus Name. Amen
Now Gabriel, just begin to praise God for the job that is right around the corner, thank Him for what He is doing on your behalf and believe that it is already done.
God bless you. *

oubaas 26.03.10 - 10:55am
Thank you Jesus for allowing this stranger into my life, and for laying such powerfull words in her mouth! We shal worship and praise you wherever we go! Hallelujah! *

oubaas 23.04.12 - 04:18pm
Terug na facebook / Back to facebook: http://m.facebook.com/groups/57350209896?refid=0&m_sess=1hGzi8-oQDws_Fa *

oubaas 7.10.12 - 03:14pm
Facebook link to this topic:
http://m.facebook.com/groups/304095766282805?view=permalink&id=543219159037130&refid=18&_ft_=src.24%3Asty.308%3Aactrs.1177475984%3Apub_time.1349615872%3Afbid.543219159037130%3As_obj.4%3As_edge.1%3As_prnt.11%3Aft_story_name.StreamStoryGroupMallPost%3Aobject_id.304095766282805%3Aobject_timeline_token_map.Array *

* OUBAAS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* OUBAAS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search